Getting specialist treatment through the public health system may take longer than you think. With Specialist and Diagnostic testing, you don’t need to wait.
What is it?
This benefit is available as an add-on to any Sovereign’s TotalCareMax range of personal insurance products. It can give you the control and the ability to select the best specialist available and get the diagnostic tests or essential treatment you need.
What does it offer?
- Type of cover: Specialist and diagnostic testing covers specialist consultations and diagnostic procedures such as oncologist and cardiologist consultations, and MRI and CT scans up to $5,000 per life assured per policy year.
- Best Doctors®: You and your immediate family also have access to Best Doctors*, which provides additional advice on critical, chronic and degenerative conditions.
- Eligible ages: From 16 years onwards (individual consideration from age 70).
- Excess option: You can select an excess of $300 for your Specialist and Diagnostic Testing benefit to make your premiums more affordable. The excess applies once per life assured, per policy year.
About Specialist and Diagnostic Testing
The specialist and Diagnostic Testing Benefit helps you access the best specialist care, where and when it suits you.
|1. Specialist consultations
- Cardiac surgeons
- Ear, nose and throat specialists
- General surgeons
- Orthopaedic surgeons
|2. Diagnostic tests
Including but not limited to:
- Allergy testing
- Audiometric tests
- CT scans
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Exercise ECG
- Holter monitoring
- Laboratory tests
- MRI scans
- Urodynamic assessments
If you have a condition not listed above, please contact us.
*Best Doctors is independent of Sovereign Assurance Company Limited (“Sovereign”). Sovereign does not guarantee the quality of any advice provided through the Best Doctors service or the ongoing availability of the service. Sovereign may withdraw access to the service or change the terms and conditions on which access to the service is made available at any time. Information about Best Doctors was sourced from Best Doctors and is not guaranteed by Sovereign to be accurate or complete. None of Sovereign, its related companies, their directors, officers nor employees accept any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of use of the Best Doctors service, or out of the use of or reliance on the information provided in this document. Best Doctors terms and conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Sovereign is not responsible for any cost associated with becoming eligible to use, or use of, the Best Doctors service (including without limitation the cost of any medical consultations or treatment, travel, lodging, telephone calls, faxes, or email) except as set out in a Sovereign policy contract. Best Doctors, Best Doctors InterConsultation, FindBestCare, and the star-in-cross logo are trademarks of Best Doctors Inc., in the United States of America and in other countries and are used under licence.
Disclaimer: The availability of any insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. For full details, refer to the policy document which is available on request from Sovereign. Applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, premiums, maximums and exclusions may apply. The information contained on this website is general in nature and is not intended as advice. Before making any investment, insurance or financial planning decision you should consult a professional adviser. Copies of our disclosure statements are available on request, free of charge.