If you’re planning to build a new home, our Go Home Loans allow you to borrow up to 85% of the completed property value, depending on location.
Interest-only construction loans
If you want to build a new home or carry out major renovations, you can apply for an interest-only construction loan. The loan funds are paid out in stages as building progresses, and you only pay interest on the money paid out. You don’t need to start repaying the loan itself until the home is finished.
Advantages of a construction loan
- Loan advances are made at agreed stages as work is completed, certified and valued.
- Because it’s an interest-only loan, you can keep costs low while you’re paying other expenses such as rent.
- For more details please contact an adviser.
How much can you borrow to build a home?
- Standard Construction Loan: Up to 85% of the value of your home.
- NewBuild Construction Loan in association with NewBuild PlanTM Home Finance Limited: Up to 85% of the value of your home.
NewBuild Home Finance Limited
NewBuild PlanTM Home Finance Limited provides a NewBuild finance project manager to work with you throughout the entire process, from arranging your loan to the technical and day to-day financial management issues. Find out more about NewBuild PlanTM Home Finance Limited.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is of a general nature and is intended as a guide only, outlining some of the features and benefits provided by Sovereign's Go Home Loans. All home loans are subject to our home loan lending criteria. Early repayment adjustments may apply. For loans with less than 20% equity a Low Equity Margin may apply. The lender is ASB Bank Limited via its nominee Mortgage Holding Trust Company Limited. The transactional account for Sovereign’s Go Home Loans is provided by ASB Bank Limited.