Once you have your Go Card, you can use the Go Phone telephone banking service to make a variety of transactions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from any touch-tone phone.
How to register for Go Phone
Before you can use phone banking, you will need a Go Card. Once you've received your card, please follow these steps:
- Call our automated phone service on 0800 269 269.
- Enter your customer access number (the last 10 digits of your Go Card number) and press #.
- Select and enter a five-digit Go Phone ID code, press # then re-enter to confirm. Do not write down or otherwise record your Go Phone ID code.
- Each time you use Go Phone you will be required to enter your customer access number (last 10 digits of your Go Card) and your Go Phone ID code.
Important: If you lose your Go Card and are issued with a replacement card, we will need to update your customer access number. A replacement card fee will apply.
How to use the go phone service
- In New Zealand, dial 0800 269 269.
- From overseas, dial +64 9 306 3221 (international toll charges will apply). For all Go Phone transactions, follow the menu guide below:
When using Go Phone you will be asked to enter a value such as a date or a dollar amount.
- Entering dollar amounts: Enter the full dollars and cents amount without the decimal point, and then press # to go to the next instruction, e.g. for $100.00, enter 10000 #, for $765.43, enter 76543 #.
- Entering dates: Enter two digits for the ‘day’ and two digits for the ‘month’, and then press # to go to the next instruction, e.g. for 1 August, enter 0108 #, for 25 December, enter 2512 #.
- Entering an account suffix: Enter the last two digits of the relevant account number, and then press # to go to the next instruction, e.g. for account number 12 3456 1234567 01, enter 01 #, for account number 76 7654 7654321 88, enter 88 #.
- Entering payee codes: Enter the payee code as a 2-digit number, and then press # to go to the next instruction, e.g. for payee code 1, enter 01 #, for payee code 13, enter 13 #.
Using smart keys
You may find the following smart keys useful when you are asked to choose a menu option. There’s no need to wait until the end of the instruction before selecting an option or entering information. You can interrupt the voice at any time to select the service you want. Smart keys don’t work if you have been asked to enter an account suffix, a dollar amount or a payee code.
- Personal assistance: Press '0' to talk to someone in our Customer Care team. This service is available 8.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Automated help: Press '7' for an explanation of what to do next. You can then choose to return to your transaction, or to return to the Main Menu.
- Return to the main menu: Press '8' at any time to return to the main menu. Any incomplete transactions will not be processed.
- End the call: Press '9' to end your Go Phone session. Any incomplete transactions will not be processed.
- Correcting a mistake: Press the '*' key to return to the previous instruction. Continue pressing the '*' key to skip back through previous instructions until you reach the main menu. You can also use this key to correct a mistake, e.g. if you enter an incorrect dollar amount, press the '*' key, then re-enter the correct amount.
- For the next instruction: Press the '#' (hash) key after you have entered information (e.g. a dollar amount or a date) to continue to the next instruction
Other things you need to know
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is of a general nature and is intended as a guide only, outlining some of the features and benefits provided by Sovereign's Go Home Loans. All home loans are subject to our home loan lending criteria. Early repayment adjustments may apply. For loans with less than 20% equity a Low Equity Margin may apply. The lender is ASB Bank Limited via its nominee Mortgage Holding Trust Company Limited. The transactional account for Sovereign’s Go Home Loans is provided by ASB Bank Limited.
- Transaction limits: For full details of fees and transaction limits please refer to the Fees and Limits section.
- Terms and conditions of use: The use of Go Phone is subject to the Go Home Loan Account terms and conditions.