If you’d like to borrow more money, you can apply for a loan top-up. You can also apply for a loan holiday, which will suspend your loan repayments for up to three months.
How to get a top-up
If you would like to increase the size of your loan, you can apply for a loan top-up.
- Loan top-ups are subject to normal lending criteria and are available at our discretion.
- To apply for a top-up, simply contact your adviser.
How to take a holiday from loan repayments
A loan holiday will suspend your repayments for up to three months.
- Your Go Home Loan limit (shown as the ‘required balance’ on your Go Home Loan statement) will not decrease during the holiday period.
- Interest will continue to accrue on your Go Home Loan balance and be charged to your Go Home Loan account during the holiday, so your Go Home Loan Limit will actually increase to include the interest charged to your loan account.
- At the end of any holiday period, the amount of your minimum loan repayment will be adjusted and will increase to ensure that you repay your loan within your chosen term.
- We will notify you of your new minimum loan repayment amount before the loan holiday expires.
- There must be a minimum of 24 months between the expiry of a loan holiday and the beginning of another.
Loan repayment holidays are available at our discretion. Requests need to be made in writing, and must be signed by all parties to the loan, and include a reason why the loan repayment holiday is required.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is of a general nature and is intended as a guide only, outlining some of the features and benefits provided by Sovereign's Go Home Loans. All home loans are subject to our home loan lending criteria. Early repayment adjustments may apply. For loans with less than 20% equity a Low Equity Margin may apply. The lender is ASB Bank Limited via its nominee Mortgage Holding Trust Company Limited. The transactional account for Sovereign’s Go Home Loans is provided by ASB Bank Limited.