Health insurance is everyday peace of mind that your health is protected, from the little things all the way through to the big stuff. And it’s never too early to get sorted.
The best time to take out health insurance is right now. The longer you wait, the more chance there is of your health changing. The process should be quicker, simpler and cheaper. Putting it off could result in unnecessary headaches later.
Why health insurance
- You’ll get the treatment you need quicker by avoiding potentially lengthy delays in the public health system
- It covers the cost of expensive procedures and surgeries, for example chemotherapy treatments that can cost up to $200,000
- It gives assurance that you’re covered for more than just the basics – ACC only cover accidents, and there can be a long wait for some surgeries through the public health system
- You’ll have more control over the treatment option best for you
- We keep it simple – two comprehensive plans that give you all the benefits you’d expect
- We let you choose – free choice of which medical providers you wish to use
- We pay out – in the 12 months to June 2017 we paid out 95% of health claims, totalling over $69 million
- ACC advocacy – if your claim’s been declined by ACC, we’ll work to get the best outcome for you
- Healthy by Sovereign – New Zealand’s first health programme that rewards your everyday health choices, with up to $100 cash back every year, discounts at partner gyms and retail offers
Explore why health insurance is right for you and what you'll get from Sovereign below: