At Sovereign, we place great importance on fostering a culture that encourages employees and others to speak up about issues or conduct that concerns them. This could be anything from serious misconduct to noticing something which just doesn't feel quite right.
We encourage everyone who works with Sovereign to speak up, and we provide them with trusted avenues to go to if they want to raise a concern. This could be as simple as one of our employees having an informal discussion with their manager, through to using the formal channels such as the dedicated SpeakUP Hotline (answered by an independent third party) that we have set up to make speaking up simpler.
The Board and senior management encourage people to speak up and report any conduct they believe to be inappropriate; and have put in place processes to provide the appropriate support to those who raise concerns. Identifying potential problems and risks allows Sovereign to continue to improve the way it does business and provide the best possible service to customers.
The SpeakUP Hotline service is available to any director, manager, employee (current and former), temporary staff, volunteer, contractor, supplier, service provider, intermediary or auditor of Sovereign who wishes to raise a concern about any reportable conduct.
Whistleblower Protection Policy
Sovereign's Whistleblower Protection Policy defines what type of conduct can be reported. This includes actions which are:
- Dishonest, fraudulent, corrupt, illegal or breaches of legislation
- Breaches of internal policy
- Unethical or other serious or improper conduct
- Unsafe work practices
- Harmful to Sovereign's reputation or any other conduct which may cause financial or non-financial loss to Sovereign or be otherwise detrimental to the interests of Sovereign.
Sometimes individuals speaking up or making a disclosure may be concerned about being identified, or any potential repercussions which may come from reporting the conduct. This is why we have a Whistleblower Protection Policy.
When contacting the SpeakUP Hotline, those making a disclosure can remain anonymous and seek protection from personal disadvantage as per Sovereign's Whistleblower Protection Policy.
The policy is designed to encourage individuals to report issues, knowing that it is safe to do so and that they will receive support.
How do individuals get in touch?
There are a number of ways people can report any concerns about conduct they believe doesn't feel right. These include:
- Our people having a conversation with their manager or with an Executive Team Leader
- Calling the Sovereign SpeakUP Hotline on 0800 444 198 (an independent 24-hour hotline)
- Reporting a concern via the AIA Ethics and Compliance website www.aiaethicsline.com
Read a summary of the Sovereign Whistleblower Protection Policy