At Sovereign we have zero tolerance for bribery, corruption and facilitation payments.
It is recognised that bribery and corruption have an adverse effect on communities wherever they occur. If endemic, they impede economic growth and undermine accountability, threaten laws, democratic processes and basic human freedoms, impoverishing states and distorting free trade and competition. Corruption is often associated with organised crime, money laundering and, on occasions, the financing of terrorism.
We are committed to securing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities by embedding a culture of zero tolerance to bribery, corruption and facilitation payments across all areas and levels of the business.
Anti-bribery and corruption policy
Our anti bribery and corruption policy supports our zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. The principles outlined in our policy support our core values of integrity and accountability.
Amongst key principles of the policy, it should be noted that:
- Sovereign has a zero tolerance to bribery and corruption
- The giving, receiving, offering or promising a bribe or facilitation payment are expressly prohibited
- Training and awareness about our zero tolerance for bribery and corruption is conducted across Sovereign
- Management at Sovereign is committed to promoting a culture of compliance with our zero tolerance policy
- Business activities must be transparent, sufficiently documented and above suspicion
- Sovereign has a Speak Up ("whistleblowing") hotline available for any concerns to be raised
- Due diligence must be conducted and documented with those who are doing business with, or on behalf of, Sovereign
- The policy principles extend to all employees, directors and Sovereign's suppliers.