Total permanent disability insurance
It's easy to take good health for granted. But the reality is, sometimes we become ill or have an accident and, if it’s serious, we might be unable to work ever again.
Does your cover go far enough?
How would your family or your business cope if you were permanently disabled? Do you have a plan to provide for them? What would happen to your future plans, and theirs?
Did you know?
- Of adults with a disability, for 42%, it was caused by disease or illness. 1
- 47% of adults impaired by accident or injury reported that the accident or injury occurred at work. 1
- Every day about 24 New Zealanders have a stroke. A quarter occur in people under 65. 2
How it works
Sovereign Total Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover provides a lump sum in the event of total permanent disability caused by accident or illness, and you can choose how to spend it. It might be paying off the mortgage, getting the best medical care, improving access to your home and workplace, or ensuring your business survives.
With total permanent disability insurance, you can choose to be covered for any occupation or just your usual occupation.
Key recent enhancements
For further information about these and other enhancements, please contact your adviser or refer to the Life Cover customer guide or policy document.
Want to know more?
1. 2013 Disability Survey, Statistics New Zealand
2. The Stroke Foundation of New Zealand, 2014
Disclaimer: The availability of any insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. For full details, refer to the policy document which is available on request from Sovereign. Applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, premiums, maximums and exclusions may apply.