Take care of your business
Business Continuity insurance can provide a monthly benefit payment to help protect you against business interruption. It can keep your business running should you or any key employees become disabled as a result of an accident or ill health, and be unable to work more than ten hours a week. It’s designed to meet the needs of business owners who have been trading for more than three years (as well as key employees).
What does it offer?
- Business Mentors: Following an accepted claim, Sovereign will pay the costs of a two-year membership for Business Mentors. This provides you with guidance at a challenging time, and allows you to focus on your recovery.
- Choice of benefit payment period: Either 6, 12 or 24 months
- Choice of waiting period: It’s your choice – the longer you wait, the lower your premium will be.
- Recurrent Disablement: Should you suffer a recurrence of the total disability within 12 months of your benefit payment ceasing, we will waive the waiting period if your claim is accepted.
- Waiver of Premium: If you or one of your employees is on claim, we will waive your premiums leaving your cover active.
Key recent enhancements
- Total Disability Income Protection claims paid in advance
All Total Disability claims on eligible products will now be paid immediately following the end of the waiting period.
- Increasing the recurrent disablement period from 6 to 12 months
If you suffer a relapse of your Total Disability within 12 months of your recovery, you will be able to return on claim without needing to serve the waiting period.
For further information about these and other enhancements, please contact your adviser or refer to the Life Cover customer guide or policy document.
For those who have been in business only a short while, or are about to start a new business, Sovereign provides Start-Up Income Protection.
Disclaimer: The availability of any insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. For full details, refer to the policy document which is available on request from Sovereign. Applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, premiums, maximums and exclusions may apply.