Expert support with Business Mentors
With Sovereign Business Continuity cover, not only would you receive a monthly payment to support your business, but you’ll also benefit from great support from Business Mentors.
Independent, impartial advice
We understand what it’s like to run a business, and how the stress and pressure can build if you are sick or injured, which is why, following an accepted claim, you’ll be given two years’ membership to Business Mentors. They provide independent, impartial business advice, drawing on the expertise of nearly 2,000 mentors around the country. 1
Business Mentors can help you navigate through crucial decisions about your business, should you become ill or disabled.
What is Business Continuity insurance?
Sovereign's Business Continuity can be taken out to cover business owners or key people, such as sales people or technical experts. At claim time, not only will clients have their claims paid monthly with no ACC off-sets, they will also have free access to Business Mentors.
Who are Business Mentors?
- The Business Mentors New Zealand service is owned and operated by The Business In the Community Charitable Trust. It offers a structured and supported volunteer business mentoring service to support the owners of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Since its establishment in 1991, it has assisted over 69,000 clients. Business Mentors was asked to provide support to both Canterbury and the West Coast in the wake of their separate disasters, as well as offering assistance across the Pacific Nations, for the NZ Government, to encourage growth of the private sector in these regions.
What is a business mentor?
Why should I choose Business Mentors?
- With over 1,900 mentors nationwide, you will gain access to an unprecedented level of business skill and experience. Every year, 250 new mentors are selected to join the programme and offer their support to New Zealand’s small-to-medium business sector.
- The mentors come from a diverse range of fields including sales and marketing, general management, finance and accounting, administration, manufacturing, production and distribution, human resources, legal, international trade, export, marine, horticulture, agriculture and information technology.
- You can be assured there is a mentor suitable for you.
How does it work?
- As a Sovereign Business Continuity client, following an accepted claim, you will be given two years’ membership to Business Mentors free of charge. Sovereign will coordinate this and provide you with a Business Mentors code.
- You will then be matched up with a mentor and agree the level of contact and on-going support you will need.
- This is a completely independent service designed to provide extra assistance when you need it most.
Take charge of your business. Choose Business Mentors with Sovereign
1. Businessmentors.org.nz 2017Disclaimer: The availability of any insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. For full details, refer to the policy document which is available on request from Sovereign. Applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, premiums, maximums and exclusions may apply.